Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Perforated mirena out at last!

(3 Posts)
Poppyella Sat 13-Nov-10 11:36:57

Hi there

Yesterday i had a laparoscopy to remove my mirena coil that had perforated and was in my abdomen. They found it easily near my bowel and at the same time inserted a copper coil - no hormones, hooray - and made sure it was it the right place this time!!!

Today I feel sore and washed out but pleased that it is finally sorted. It was March 26th they discovered it was in the wrong place! Ages ago.

I will now wait with baited breath to see if the side effects from the mirena decrease, afterall that was the whole reason I wanted it changed in the first place and if I hadn't gone to the family planning clinic in march it would have stayed in the wrong place for another 2.5 years!

Anyway, just thought I would share the lastest.

ttfn

poppyella

x

mumof4sons Sat 13-Nov-10 20:09:13

Snap! I had a laparoscopy to remove my mirena coil just before half term. It had also perferated my womb and was found near my bowel too.

I opted to have my tubes tied at the same time. I have 4 DSs.

Just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. Took about a week before I could get the jeans on - button rubbed against belly button bruise.

mumof4sons

judawn67 Thu 06-Jan-11 11:59:21

hi,
Hi did you have any symptoms being it was found near your bowel?

julie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now