Talk

Advanced search

Grade 5 theory workbook - do you have a copy?

(10 Posts)
roisin Fri 30-Sep-11 20:36:50

ds2 has left his theory book at school
this one

But he needs to get some work done this weekend, as the exam is fast approaching!

Could someone who has a copy kindly do me a favour and please type out two of the sets of 'words to write a tune for'?

For ABRSM do they just write a melody line? Or does it have to be harmonised as well?

Many thanks.

roisin Fri 30-Sep-11 21:14:46

bump - anyone?
please

KatyMac Sat 01-Oct-11 18:46:50

Bump for Roisin

I don't have that one sorry

noteventhebestdrummer Sat 01-Oct-11 18:53:44

I can't find that book but here are 4 sets of words from the 2008 papers:

'The sun does arise and make happy the skies
The merry bells ring to welcome the spring'

'But hark! The nightly Winds with hollow Voice
Blow, blustering from the South'

'The merry brown hares came leaping
Over the brow of the hill'

'The city now doth like a garment wear
The beauty of the morning'

You only need to write a melody!

noteventhebestdrummer Sat 01-Oct-11 18:55:51

PS this question always has an alternative one - to continue a given melody for a stated number of bars. This can be easier but writing a tune to given words is more fun if he can do it!

purplepidjinawoollytangle Sat 01-Oct-11 18:56:49

Sorry, I've only got the old ones. Looks like he needs to take the consequences sad

roisin Sun 02-Oct-11 00:02:57

Thanks very much, especially noteventhebestdrummer. He can have a got at one or two of those tomorrow.

He's fine with all the key signatures, and chords, cadences, etc. But I think he needs some more work on the composition side; so I didn't want him to have a completely idle weekend.

noteventhebestdrummer Sun 02-Oct-11 08:39:02

You're welcome, make sure he has the right number of beats per bar, finishes on the key note, has dynamics and changes of dynamics, tempo indication and changes of tempo, articulation and phrasing!

Santac Sun 02-Oct-11 11:13:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

roisin Sun 02-Oct-11 14:22:05

thank you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now