Talk

Advanced search

UK version of Cowspiracy?

(3 Posts)
BlindAssassin1 Tue 27-Sep-16 10:55:32

I'm just coming to the end of the Vegan Society's 30 day pledge and am doing ok making the transition to plant-based diet.

I watched Cowspiracy last night and while I think its excellent and confirmed my intention to stick at veganism, a lot of the info and statistics were USA based, especially regarding lobbying groups and the law. Does anyone know of any books, documentaries etc where I could get some UK based information?

TIA smile

Judester24 Thu 06-Oct-16 06:34:44

Hi, really glad you've transitioned into veganism. I bet you're feeling great.
If you're looking for statistics and other info, try the animal aid or vegan society websites. I don't know about any documentaries or films that are British made about this.
Is there any specific info you're looking for as I may be able to help.
If you're near London, you might be interested in coming to veg fest which is in 2 weeks.

BlindAssassin1 Fri 07-Oct-16 14:19:54

Thanks Judestar24. I do feel much better. My eczema of nearly 5 years has almost gone. Plus my conscious is clear too. smile

I was trying to find stuff about the links between agribusiness and government. I see there's stories in the press surfacing about EU subsidies and farming.

Anyway, thanks for the support. I literally know of one person who was vegan for a short time before having to give it up - and that was only a collegue's husband. Its a bit isolating living in the farming community in the south west! Though I did stumble on a new vegan café in my local town, the food was lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now