vegan yoghurt

(4 Posts)
MrsSimonNeil Sun 21-Feb-16 19:27:30

Does anyone make their own yoghurt? I really want to make my own and am struggling to find a starter. Google only brings up US sites hmm can anyone help?

KarenHL Sun 21-Feb-16 19:39:34

I don't know about making your own, but I was eating a shop-bought yoghurt earlier, which happened to be vegan.

The brand was CoYo. I had the vanilla flavour and it had a really thick texture (a little firmer than Greek yoghurt). I really liked it, but can't buy regularly as it's £2 a pot in our local Tesco.

It has a coconut base instead of milk.

HTH

MrsSimonNeil Sun 21-Feb-16 19:43:53

Thanks Karen, I know it's so expensive I was hoping making my own might be a cheaper way of eating. CoYo sounds lovely though, I'll check it out

Ditsy4 Sun 10-Jul-16 18:23:57

No, I did mention it to a Easiyo rep years ago and she said she would mention it but she had suggested it herself once to no avail.
I found it really easy to use and as we live in the country it was handy if the kids used all the yoghurt. I became dairy intolerant a few years ago so it is in the cupboard not being used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now