Talk

Advanced search

Is it wanky to end a job app with something like

(11 Posts)
PrincessToadstool Tue 14-Jul-09 12:33:51

'I hope to become an asset to the X team at X place'

I think it might be

but it is a public sector app where you have to write endless shitty detail about the minutae of your job so seems odd to end it with 'I am really ace with MS office' etc

christmasmum Tue 14-Jul-09 12:36:32

You could try something along the lines of:

I am sure that on consideration of the above letter and my enclosed CV, you will be persuaded of my real potential to work with X company...

Maybe?

fishie Tue 14-Jul-09 12:39:16

doesn't it suggest an alternative - that you might become a liability to the team?

PrincessToadstool Tue 14-Jul-09 12:39:37

Ah should have said it is a form not a CV (don't take them in local authority) and I already work there, just a different department.

PrincessToadstool Tue 14-Jul-09 12:40:47

Hmm fishie.

how to end in a polite way that is not abrupt?

I am finding the whole thing hard because it's a much lower grade than my job and I feel the whole thing sounds like I'm an idiot.

I could print the lyrics to Take A Chance?

sazlocks Tue 14-Jul-09 12:42:13

This is probably a bit wanky TBH but I usually put
I look forward to the opportunity of an interview to demonstrate further why I am suitable for this post.
Good luck

PrincessToadstool Tue 14-Jul-09 12:44:48

Thanks saz, I think that sounds fine to be honest. Just wonder if it's a bit out of place within an actual form, as opposed to a covering letter. I feel a letter is about selling yourself and sounding good but these apps are about 'evidence'

Oh what have i got to lose. I know when the interview date is, could just put 'see you on the 30th, love PT xxxx'

Bramshott Tue 14-Jul-09 12:48:38

I generally just go with "I look forward to hearing from you"

titchy Tue 14-Jul-09 12:58:53

My covering letters are generally of a 'As I'm sure you can see from my CV/appliucation form, my experience and skills to date makes me an ideal candidiate for this role. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.'

PrincessToadstool Tue 14-Jul-09 13:01:32

Thanks, think I am done, I hate job apps.

Ledodgy Tue 14-Jul-09 13:02:02

I usually put 'I look forward to hearing from you soon.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now