Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else work in the oil industry?

(26 Posts)
AtheneNoctua Wed 24-Jun-09 19:14:10

I'm dreadfully bored (obviously).

And, if so, I don't suppose you live in Aberdeen?

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 24-Jun-09 19:15:48

Nope no job but yes to Aberdeen.
Why are you so bored?

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 24-Jun-09 19:17:37

Oh and I wan't entirely random clicking on your post ex works in oil industry so was being nosey blush

AtheneNoctua Wed 24-Jun-09 19:24:14

Because I'm stuck in a hotel in Aberdeen and don't know anyone. Was supposed to meet up with a friend tonight but she cancelled. sad

Am just fed up with spending my evenings in the same old hotel room really.

I live in London and work in Aberdeen (usually but not every week).

MrsSchadenfreude Wed 24-Jun-09 21:08:19

Oh God when I travelled for work I used to luuurve my evenings in hotel rooms. I used to take all of my pampering stuff, have long baths, face packs etc and loll around drinking wine or eating chocolate. Depending on the hotel I would sometimes take book into the bar and have a bar meal and a few cocktails (did this A LOT when staying in the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City grin - excellent bar food and cocktails) and do a bit of people watching.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 24-Jun-09 22:08:32

Well I have only been back in Aberdeen for 2 months and don't have much going on if you fancy a meal and a bottle glass of wine anytime grini'm sure dp would love the excuse to catch up on rubbish tv.

AtheneNoctua Wed 24-Jun-09 22:13:27

So, where are you? Near the city center? I would love some company for dinner. Just back now from dinner. I was faced with the choice of staring at the wall or doing work. SO I suppose it's good that I got some work done. But, would have much preferred a girly chat and a bottle of wine.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 24-Jun-09 22:16:51

I don't envy you. I love being away with work for the odd night here and there, because it's time to myself. But not several nights on the trot.

MrsSchadenfreude - have you seen Athene's post about the next meet up? (think she needs it sooner rather than later!)

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 24-Jun-09 23:21:44

Yeah a short bus trip to town centre grin
A girly night and bottle og wine sounds good.

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 24-Jun-09 23:24:49

Could fly up there for a night. Airfares from where I live to Aberdeen are cheap!

We talk politics! Am a Democrat and need Republican friends wink

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Thu 25-Jun-09 09:32:35

Hee hee you should, I could out you uo for the night.

Gee whizz took ages to type one sentence..I have practice long nails on and typing is a nightmare.

Mitchell81 Thu 25-Jun-09 11:02:16

I live in Aberdeen, also saw the title and was being nosey blush as DH works in the oil industry.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Thu 25-Jun-09 11:30:22

Oooh could we turn this into a girly night out aberdeen meet then????
Hee hee glad i'm not the only one being nosey..mind you at least it's your dh it's my ex grin

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Thu 25-Jun-09 11:32:56

And being doubly nosey blush Mitchell how cute are your children?????? They are lovely.
I got ds picture taken for the Evening Express comp yesterday and would he blinking smile ??????

Mitchell81 Thu 25-Jun-09 11:37:28

Thanks Ineedacleaner Where are you? I actually live in Aboyne, but do on the rare occasion go out in Aberdeen. grin grin

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Thu 25-Jun-09 11:39:47

I'm in Aberdeen itself. Judt off Anderson Drive. I haven't been out in Aberdeen since I moved back 3 months ago but when I was up in Inverness was out here every 2nd weekend when the dc's were with their dad.

Hey i'm getting married in 4 weeks (tiny family wedding) I could have a mn hen night grin

Mitchell81 Thu 25-Jun-09 11:45:03

Congratulations, 4 weeks is not long. How exciting. When we got married in 2000, I was pregnant so didn't get my big wedding, so in 2004 did the whole Marriage blessing(Church, wedding party, wedding dress, ect)
Where are you getting married?

Sorry for hijacking your thread AtheneNocua

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Thu 25-Jun-09 12:13:26

Just at the registry office in town, was going to be a secret but me and my bright ideas thiught we should tell our parents. So it i now parent and siblings, going to Pitodrie afterwards hmm for pictures dp has been a season ticket holder for years ten back to our house for a buffet and party, we have a good sized house and BIG garden so perfect for a small wedding. In the evening my parents are keeping my dc's and MIL is taking dp's son home for us and she will also keep SIL wee boy so we can all go out for a while and we can have a night in a hotelso if you fancy coming into town on 22nd July grin we'll be out.

Mitchell81 Thu 25-Jun-09 12:19:11

Sounds nice. Do your kids stay with you in Aberdeen or Inverness?

AtheneNoctua Thu 25-Jun-09 12:45:39

oh oh, an Aberdeen meet-up. Yes, please!

Who is in?

How about Thursday 8th July?

AtheneNoctua Thu 25-Jun-09 13:01:43

meet up thread here

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Thu 25-Jun-09 13:37:43

Yeah they stay with me in Aberdeen their dad was only a regular fortnightly occurence until he met his new gf sad dp more than makes up for it though he is fab, i've known him since I was 7 we were neighbours. His mum was saying yesterday who would have thought all those years ago when we played together she would end up my MIL grin

Mitchell81 Thu 25-Jun-09 16:42:34

Ineedacleaner Thats sweet about your MIL

Athene- what happens with your kids when you are in Aberdeen? How old are they?

AtheneNoctua Thu 25-Jun-09 20:29:50

They are 4 and 6. We have a live-in nanny. DH leaves Monday morning. I leave Tuesday morning. Nanny does overnight Tues and Wed. Dh home Thursday evening. I am home Friday evening.

Mitchell81 Thu 25-Jun-09 20:36:25

Must be hard for you to be away from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now