Advanced search

Where to go for advice?

(5 Posts)
SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 27-Apr-16 13:56:36

Can anyone tell me where my husband can go for some advice about his work. He has been having some problems with people at work, including his manager.

Normally he should go to his manager but he is getting nowhere with this so he wants to go above him but he really wants some advice on how to go about this.

Can anyone help please?

VimFuego101 Wed 27-Apr-16 13:59:27

Does he have a union or an HR dept? If not, call ACAS.

PastaLaFeasta Thu 28-Apr-16 16:44:38

Do you have legal cover with your home insurance? The often gave helplines for legal issues including employment. We've used this and you are covered if it goes beyond just advice and you need to take action - solicitor's letter to tribunal up to a certain cost.

FreelanceB2BPR Fri 29-Apr-16 10:43:26

The Citizens Advice Bureau is a good place to start. They're pretty well versed in legal positions and knowing where to direct you.

flowery Fri 29-Apr-16 11:39:57

It might depend on what the problem actually is. Acas, legal cover from insurance or the CAB might be able to tell him what the law says or how to bring a tribunal claim but the problem might not be one that requires that kind of advice.

Are you able to elaborate and see if anyone here can help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now