Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your skills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

Tax & temporary work

(5 Posts)
HoggleHoggle Mon 13-Jul-15 17:40:37

Am a SAHP but will be temporarily returning to my old company for 2 months to provide some cover work for them. I expect my salary to be around £750 per month before tax but was wondering what the tax situation will be, as after the cover period ends I won't be going on to other employment.

Will I be taxed as though I will be working for the rest of the financial year and then get a tax refund next year, or will my earnings of £750 per month fall below the tax rate anyway?

I'm clueless! Thanks in advance for any help

Indantherene Mon 13-Jul-15 18:10:02

If you fill in a P46 when you start then you will get your full allowances, and if you do end up paying tax you will get it back from them when you leave.

Indantherene Mon 13-Jul-15 18:11:17

You should be under the limit anyway, so just make sure you complete the P46.

museumum Mon 13-Jul-15 18:13:31

£750x12 I'd only £9k a year so you shouldn't be taxed.
I can't remember the NI threshold but it is lower so you might pay a little NI.

HoggleHoggle Mon 13-Jul-15 19:25:34

So helpful, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now