Talk

Advanced search

Finding a TEFL job without CELTA/TESOL (UK and abroad)

(6 Posts)
TheAwfulDaughter Mon 10-Feb-14 23:50:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheAwfulDaughter Mon 10-Feb-14 23:51:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

EloiseintheSun Fri 14-Feb-14 18:54:39

Hello TAD
I would strongly recommend you getting a qualification. CELTA, or its equivalent, is very often the way to go and often it's a minimum requirement. If you take the course at a local FE college (and I wouldn't rush it - ie I wouldn't it, if at all possible, do it too intensively as it is hard work) it may be far cheaper than if you took it in a private language school.

www.tefl.com/

one of the best websites for TEFL jobs, here and overseas.

PM me if you'd like more info or have more queries - I work in a related field. Good luck!

NigellasDealer Fri 14-Feb-14 18:57:01

you would really need a CELTA or Trinity Cert just to open doors. No offence but those three day online certs would be no good at all anywhere in Europe, certainly not in the UK. Vietnam possibly or similar.

FramboiseCoulis Wed 19-Feb-14 12:45:11

IATEFL (they have a big conference coming up in Harrogate in April)
TESOL FRance has regular job postings, mostly for university teaching
British Council

PGCE is not recognized in France, for info.

tons of jobs out there, but you have to be careful to match the recruitement criteria.

Countessfosco Wed 19-Feb-14 13:02:11

If you are looking for some teaching experience in the summer abroad, this may be perfect for you. Www.acle.org
My daughter has done it two years in a row,and a friend of hers. They both loved it. Neither had experience before they went, and had to do an online assessment then went to a training camp in Italy so knew exactly what they were doing. My younger daughter is applying this year. It was a great experience for her and she earned some money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now