Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed about hours

(5 Posts)
chuckieegg2008 Mon 24-Sep-12 20:32:42

Hi I need some advice about my hours at work.

I've recently reduced my hours at work from 36 to 32 hours a week, I had to do this as I went into a new role and these were the new hours. The only good thing about reducing my hours was that I went from a 5 day week to a 4 day week. This meant that I wa able to find another job on my day off.

Now I've been told I need to work 32 hours over 5 days. I feel so annoyed as if I had known this I would not have taken on this new role.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

flowery Mon 24-Sep-12 22:33:30

What does your new contract say about your hours - when they are worked and what degree of flexibility there is for either you or the employer? If you've signed a new contract specifically saying 32 hours over 4 days, it's obviously more difficult for them to change than if it just says 32 hours, and either doesn't specify days or provides flexibility to the employer.

chuckieegg2008 Tue 25-Sep-12 08:54:41

My contract just says 32 hours it does not specify days, I think what is annoying me more is that no one else in the department is going up to 5 days they all get to stay at 4 days @ 32 hours

flowery Tue 25-Sep-12 09:08:28

Have you said it's not convenient and also asked why it just applies to you? What have they said?

chuckieegg2008 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:27:02

No having a meeting with my manager tomorrow, I'm just hoping that I can stay at 4 days but I'm not too hopeful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now