Talk

Advanced search

Green Eggs & Ham?

(7 Posts)
katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 21:42:00

What reading age would confidently be able to read Green Eggs & Ham?

I am "trying" to help a 13 yo with reading problems and need to know where we are at now in order to move on.

My DD read it SO long ago - that I can't remember when she would have been reading this....

Help please

Janh Tue 12-Jul-05 21:44:22

Y1 - Y2 I'd have thought, katymac - 6-7 (and some could probably read a lot of it before that - the language is fairly simple and repetitive).

Would you be better borrowing a reading scheme so you could see how you were progressing?

Aimsmum Tue 12-Jul-05 21:46:02

Message withdrawn

KBear Tue 12-Jul-05 21:47:02

My DD is 6 (Yr 1) and could read this about six months ago.

katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 21:51:11

He was having real problems with
Would & Could
Here & There
Anywhere

So he's at about 5yrs reading age

Bu88er I'm out of my depth

I'm used to a budding genius who was reading Famous Five by age 6

Oh well I obviously did something right with her - so I might be able to help him

The school may lend me a set of books I suppose - but will a 13yo want to read that sort of book. I picked Dr seuss 'cos it was nonesence rhyme and thought to go on to poetry as it was less age specific

Janh Tue 12-Jul-05 21:53:37

Could he have dyslexia?

katymac Tue 12-Jul-05 21:59:48

He is statemented with "special Educational Needs" - but his form tutor is not aware of his problem being Dyslexia......so I'm non the wiser

I think repetition will help.

I also think that boundaries and behaviour managment (like I use on the babies) will also help as his report is awful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now