Talk

Advanced search

What nursery & other schools do you reckon the new princess & George might attend?!!

(14 Posts)
indiana7 Sat 02-May-15 20:53:09

Just out of curiousity what nurseries & schools are they likely to attend, will George go to Wetherby like William & Harrow or will they stick to schools in Norwich? Will be interesting down the line to see where they will send the baby princess too!

Dancingqueen17 Sat 02-May-15 23:29:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Flower1984 Sun 03-May-15 09:04:40

Think they would use day school for prep then boarding for secondary. Which schools not sure ...

LIZS Sun 03-May-15 10:19:02

Rather depends where they base themselves for the majority of the time. There will be different options accordingly.

Blu Thu 07-May-15 21:00:27

Kate will be on MN biting her nails as National Offer Day approaches, sending PMs to prh47bridge about how to appeal, renting a palace closer to the catchment and then agonising as to whether it was immoral or they might get found out....

H4dley Fri 08-May-15 14:08:06

I don't think they'll choose Hill House!

AuntieStella Fri 08-May-15 14:15:39

It'll depend on where they'll be living.

It's quite likely that Prince George will go to Eton (becuase bodyguards can live at Windsor Castle, which is logistically easy and must be the cheapest).

So, London prep? Or boarding prep between London and Norfolk?

And where would a girl go? The Phillipses went to Gordonstoun. Princess Anne to Benenden.

jeanne16 Fri 08-May-15 16:59:33

Well Wills and Harry went to Wetherby prep. I assume the school now has even longer waiting lists than usual as all the London yummy mummies fight for places.

OsmiumPhazer Sat 09-May-15 10:00:13

If they were living in Kensington Palace, they could send the children to St Mary Abbots. Princess Diana would sometimes worship at the Church and St Mary Abbots is very close to the palace. Also would tick the box of a state school route

mummytime Sat 09-May-15 15:15:28

I read a brilliant alternative reality series once - where the Princess went to Holland Park Comp (and was miserable).

chocolateyay Sat 09-May-15 15:19:50

Hallfield... I dont think they are connected enough for St Mary Abbots.

mummytime Sat 09-May-15 15:31:32

Well I'm not sure - they might qualify for Open places on the new subscription criteria. Or they could start attending St Mary Abbots or Christ Church or another school in the Kensington Deanery - it would be easier than most to show they were actually C of E not just going for schools (Kate was confirmed during their engagement and William is the future head of the Church).

chocolateyay Sat 09-May-15 15:34:23

They'd still need a letter from the vicar, future head of cofe or not.

Maybe they will qualify for the RBKC 2 year old programme for George?

Northernlurker Sat 09-May-15 15:45:49

I suspect they'll keep the family home at Anmer and use the local school for a bit. I expect to see George at Eton eventually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now