Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

how long do you wait for something to be delivered?

(5 Posts)
jimblejambles Fri 25-Sep-09 11:14:29

I bought something on 14th September, have heard nothing from seller despite emailing to ask when they sent it.
What do I do next?
I paid by paypal.

Niecie Fri 25-Sep-09 11:19:49

I think you have to wait 2 weeks before opening a dispute, so Monday would be a good day.

Try and email again. Sometimes things happen in people's lives that mean they can't do what they had planned to do. I had one lady not pay quickly due to being rushed to hospital. It could, of course be a lie, but then it might not be and in those circumstances you have to make allowances.

However, 2 weeks is enough. You have to protect your own interests.

Have a look at this

Was it very expensive?

jimblejambles Fri 25-Sep-09 11:54:33

Thank you for the link.
It was about £10. It is vtech globe for ds1 as he is obsessed where different countries are. Stupidly I told him so after school everyday he is asking if it has arrived yet.

Niecie Fri 25-Sep-09 12:27:33

Oh that's a shame. It makes it worse when it is the children who are waiting for something.

And £10 is £10 - enough money to feel miffed about.

I hope you hear something soon.

ILoveStripeySocks Fri 25-Sep-09 15:25:00

YOu can start a paypal dispute after 7 days. I would, especially if there has been no replies to emails. After opening a dispute, give it a couple of days then escalate it to a claim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now