Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item not as described. Refund? Neg feedback?

(4 Posts)
ThePinkOne Thu 03-Sep-09 21:27:51

I've bought a small ornament from ebay. Only a fiver with free postage but still...

It looks like a factory second, IMO. It's got a smear of one of the other paint colours on the front and other bits of paint that aren't quite right, and the edges of the ceramic aren't clean.

So I emailed the seller and told her this and that I'd like a refund and for her to pay return postage as it's not as described, so I don't want to be out of pocket.

She says it's not a second, it's new from the manufacturer and she's happy to refund but not to pay the cost of postage.

So, if I return it, at my cost and get my £3.60 back hmm do I then not get to give feedback, as we haven't had a transaction? Do I cut my losses, keep it and neg her? Or is that a bit ott?

Never had any probs before so I'm a bit lost!

hercules1 Thu 03-Sep-09 21:32:06

I wouldnt do negative feedback for this. For a fiver including postage what did you expect? Really not worth leaving neg feedback for something that cost you so little.

Kelix Thu 03-Sep-09 21:37:18

If you dont want it post it back but you will have to pay the postage. Lots of companies offer a full money back guarentee but not the postage costs. Dont think the seller is being unreasonable - they did pay to post it to you in the first place.

Do understand why your annoyed tho - glad you didnt pay loads for it!

ThePinkOne Thu 03-Sep-09 21:44:43

They're only a fiver (or maybe £5.99) new in the shops so I did expect it to be a new, perfect item.

I just don't see why I should pay to return it when it's not as described.

Well I'll just notch it up to experience. Thanks for the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now