Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

selling question please help....

(8 Posts)

Ok decided I should ship to Europe on mn recomendation, so I had an enquiry from Azerbajan (sp?) asking for postage, which I replied to, they have now bid, won and paid, without asking me to adjust the invoice to correct postage, (I was out at the end of the auction). Whay do I do now?

ninedragons Wed 24-Jun-09 13:29:50

I'd just email them politely and tell them that postage to Azerbaijan will be XX and you'll post the item as soon as they pay the correct postage.

But will they just be able to pay? Do do I not have to make them a new paypal invoice or something? I have no idea how to do this btw. [clueless emoticon]

Iklboo Wed 24-Jun-09 13:48:36

In Paypal you click the 'request money' tab and email tem a new invoice with the amount you need them to pay. It's a really straightforward form.
You can send reminders until they pay and you'll get an email telling you when they've paid too

Pingpong Wed 24-Jun-09 13:50:40

This hasn't happened to me but I would email, thank them for their prompt payment but explain there is extra postage to pay and say you will send a separate paypal invoice.
If they have won the item you now have their email address so invoice them the postage using paypal for that extra amount.
Doing a paypal invoice is very straighforward.
Alternatively check and see if 'send payment details' is still a valid option on your sellers page. I have a feeling that once the buyer has paid this disappears from the RHS of the screen.
Good luck

maxybrown Wed 24-Jun-09 14:18:55

You could always refund the original payment and send them a new invoice with a message explaining that they paid the uk postage. Then the option to send payment details WOULD then be an option again!

Thanks all, you are my e-bay lifeline.

Mspontipine Wed 24-Jun-09 15:52:16

Where??!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now