Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can seller reduce price once I buy it now?

(4 Posts)
geordieminx Mon 08-Jun-09 17:26:33

I' after a laptop - seen a good one buy it now £450 - I only want to pay £400 - I have emailed the seller, but unfortunately he already has a bidder on it (1p), so he cant revise the listing, although he has informed me the reserve is £400. Thing is it still has 6 days to run, but I need to buy befire tomorrow as I have a voucher that expires.

So if I clicked on buy it now, £450, can i wait for him to invoice at £400 or is it dodgy/break rules?

TIA

cuppachar Mon 08-Jun-09 18:34:17

If you click BIN at £450 he could then hold you to the £450 so I wouldn't do it if I were you. If he agrees to £400 he could cancel the one bid he has, end the auction early, relist with a £400 BIN and you could buy it.

PerfectPrefect Mon 08-Jun-09 18:39:59

Contact him and agree to pay £400 (if he is OK with that)

bid £400. It will show as a £400 and doen't need to be counter bid to show as £400 due to the reserve.

Ask the seller to "end the auction early and sell to the highest bidder".

Sorted.

cuppachar Mon 08-Jun-09 18:50:34

Much better solution than mine! blush

Obviously the only risk is that you're relying on him to keep to his word and end the auction early once you've bid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now