Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

P&P costs

(8 Posts)
catnip Sun 12-Aug-07 12:19:57

I bought a dress on ebay, it arrived and is lovely - the seller listed p&p as £7 and when it arrived I could see on the envelope it cost £2.48

I thought at the time that £7 was steep, but I knew the dress would be right as I had tried one on in the shop. Is it just a case of buyer beware or should I contact her and ask for a refund of the difference? And is it normal for people to make a big profit on P&P?

healthanxiety Sun 12-Aug-07 12:24:44

You could always ask for a refund, sometimes the hike the p&p price up if they start the bidding low.

If your happy with the total price you paid then I wouldn't bother, as the post and packaging cost was stated when you bought the item.

sammac Sun 12-Aug-07 12:28:01

Some people do hike up the p&p charges, which is against ebay rules as they don't pay a fee against it and count it as part of their profit. No harm in asking but suspect that you'll get told that it was clearly stated when you bid. I was looking at stuff this morning and the seller charged a flat £5 for every item they were selling- I didn't bid!

moljam Sun 12-Aug-07 12:29:33

i dont think you can ask for refund as you new p and p price when bidding.lots of people put extra on p and p.not fair maybe but price is stated when bidding.also remember its postage and packing.so whatever it was wrapped it,time spent,trip to post office etc.

tortoise Sun 12-Aug-07 12:33:25

I contacted a seller about postage recently. They refunded me the extra!

wheresthehamster Sun 12-Aug-07 12:41:19

As moljam says - I know someone who has to get a bus into town to post items. Not too bad if you have a few to post at the same time otherwise £5.00 round trip.

NotADragonOfSoup Sun 12-Aug-07 12:45:24

When you leave feedback you get the chance to rate their P&P charges. Just rate them as "very unreasonable". Or leave +ve feedback but say P&P was much higher than the actual cost. The cost was clearly stated when you bid - I tend not to bid if the P&P is higher than I would consider acceptable.

charliecat Sun 12-Aug-07 12:46:55

you knew what it was when you bid. I charged £7 for a 5metre kite, thinking it would be 5-7 quid, it was about 2.50, I asked if they were sure, but it was, i just thought oh well. Huge parcel it was to, but obviously light.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now