This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seeking claiming item damaged

(3 Posts)
HerdofAntilop Thu 24-Nov-16 23:32:05

Hi, I got really useful advice for my newbie question the other day so back for more! I've sold a suit and the buyer is claiming that my pictures were misleading because the lining to one part is ripped and is requesting a refund. It wasn't when I sent it.

Given our messages prior to sale about size I'm guessing it doesn't fit, in which case why not just ask me if he can return it grr. With regards to the damage it's my word against his because I didn't take photos of the long. I'm guessing I'll have to refund including postage... any advice appreciated oh wise ones!

HerdofAntilop Thu 24-Nov-16 23:32:31

Title should say seller not seeking.

19lottie82 Fri 25-Nov-16 17:38:01

Unfortunately all you can do is accept the return and refund when you get it back. There's no point trying to fight the case, or ignore it, because you will lose.

This is just the way eBay works. The majority of buyers are honest, but you do get the odd bad apple. Make sure you block them straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now