Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Slightly uncomfortable about a seller

(5 Posts)
BlameItOnTheBogey Mon 24-Nov-14 20:25:56

I buy a lot of things on ebay. Mainly I try and pick up clothes from my favorite shops that would cost a lot to buy new but that people are selling on having worn once or twice for about half the price. I buy the same brand and know their stock and sizes well. There are one or two sellers who repeatedly put up for sale a largish number of items from the shop that I like in a range of sizes and all from this season. It's clearly a business for them. I want to buy from them - they have great stuff. I have once bought from one of them before I realized the pattern of selling large quantities of these clothes and the items were genuine and not fakes.

So my question is, how do they do it? I'm nervous now. I want to buy from them but can't see how they can legitimately be selling this stuff. if it were new and legit, take it back for a refund if you don't want it (it's all BNWT). Is it stolen? I don't want to go anywhere near purchasing stolen goods and since I am struggling to think of an innocent explanation, I think I am going to have to steer clear. Which is a shame if there IS an non-dodgy explanation….
Any thoughts?

TalkinPeace Mon 24-Nov-14 20:31:32

They will be clearing the catalogue returns
the end of stock warehouse returns
the stuff that was on the rail and got a bit bashed

and the shop itself does not want to sell their kit cheap

long standing system

BaronessBomburst Mon 24-Nov-14 20:33:08

Over-stocked lines are sold off in bulk for resale elsewhere.
The labels should be cut or defaced, although this doesn't always happen.
For example, I buy Bravissimo dresses on eBay and they're often available from private sellers on eBay and still on the sale pages of the Bravissimo website.
It's all totally legit.

BlameItOnTheBogey Mon 24-Nov-14 20:39:07

Oh! This is music to my ears. Even though these are in perfect condition and are items still being sold online? And the seller appears to be a private seller not a shop? It's a high-ish end brand for what it is worth.

I am delighted if this is true! They have a couple of things on there now that I really want and which will go for about half the shop price so will save a ton!

Thanks for replying.

Blossomy14 Mon 24-Nov-14 22:58:39

well the seller is breaking ebay rules by not being a business. So I dunno. It could be innocent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now