Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

No bids but someone wants to collect and pay outside of eBay. WWYD?

(9 Posts)
Scuttlebug Mon 17-Feb-14 20:03:04

eBay novice here and confused....selling a sofa, no bids as yet but there are watchers..now some guy has emailed asking to buy it and collect it this week. We are happy with the price he has offered and want it gone soon, so what are our options?

Can I put a buy it now price on it retrospectively?
Should I close the sale and deal with him separately?

Advice welcome!

AcaciaBeez Mon 17-Feb-14 20:07:15

Personally Ii'd just deal with him separately

lljkk Mon 17-Feb-14 20:12:07

Most people would deal with him separately.
You are best to send him your mobile number & go from there, don't leave a trail of messages on Ebay about your plans (what you're planning is against the rules).

LilyBlossom14 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:04:56

and don't take paypal.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Tue 18-Feb-14 08:34:40

Fine as long as you take cash.

Could you not still do it through eBay but cash on collection?

evertonmint Tue 18-Feb-14 08:42:20

I've done this once when I needed to get rid of some high value concert tickets. Cash on collection only - you don't want any chance of him scamming you.

purplebaubles Tue 18-Feb-14 08:45:27

Fine so long as you take cash. Do not take paypal.

You'll also save on fees from him not bidding on it.

uc Tue 18-Feb-14 08:47:13

You can end an auction early. Look up on ebay help section.

He obviously doesn't want to enter into a bidding battle for it. However, from your point of view, you could tell him he should bid like anyone else, and take his chances. His bid may make others bid, and you may get more for it. Alternatively, he could wait until the auction is over and offer then.

I don't know if you can add a buy it now retrospectively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now