Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I have made a mistake - what to do now?

(7 Posts)
JustABitDotty Mon 13-May-13 20:44:49

I listed and sold an item clothing - it sold for 99p.

I listed it as 6-9 months but I have just gone to package it up but realised its 3-6 months, it must have got placed in the wrong pile.

I have messaged the seller but no reply yet, I have offered a refund of course but how do I this? Will they open a dispute?

Have 100% feedback and then I go and make a silly mistake like this blush

fergoose Mon 13-May-13 21:08:01

just log into paypal and click on the payment and refund them in full, and just apologise. Don't wait for them to open a dispute. you can send them a cancellation to get your fees back.

JustABitDotty Mon 13-May-13 21:15:11

Thanks fergoose. I will wait to see if I get a reply then send a refund in the morning.

Brownowlahi Mon 13-May-13 21:15:38

I did this recently, but actually sent the item out. She got back to me to say it was the wrong size, I knew she was being truthful as I remembered the item and the size, I'd listed it incorrectly. I apologised, refunded all her money and she still gave me positive feedback as it was a genuine mistake on my part and she recognised that I resolved the issue as quickly as I could.

JustABitDotty Mon 13-May-13 21:19:22

Thanks brown thats a relief. I hope my buyer is as understanding as yours smile

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 13-May-13 21:29:29

I've had this happen twice recently. I am thick.

The first one got in touch. I apologised and refunded her and she left nice feedback. It was a genuine mistake.

The second one didn't bother. She just left negative feedback. I am really annoyed that my 100% feedback now has a black mark against it. It was a genuine cock up and if she'd got in touch I'd have refunded her too. I am not a dodgy seller!

JustABitDotty Mon 13-May-13 21:34:56

Phew the buyer has responded and she was really nice about it. I have sent her a refund so panic over smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now