Talk

Advanced search

Overeating - help, this isn't normal is it?

(6 Posts)
applebags Sun 11-Feb-18 17:05:17

Hi, I've just realised that I think I have a problem with overeating.

I've just eaten a whole packet of raw stuffing mix (added the water but it hasn't been baked). I've had to secretly make another pack up. I then started doing the same thing with the 2nd pack but could easily have carried on. I've just cut a bit of barely-cooked fat off the beef joint and eaten that too.

I've been trying to eat healthily since November and decided this was a cheat weekend. What a fucking mistake. I ate 1.5kg of chocolate yesterday - 410 Slimming World syns.

I'm a bit scared I'm out of control.

I'm currently 3.5 stone overweight, and although I've lost 2 stone since having my baby I'm still a stone away from my pre-pregnancy weight - I wasn't happy with my weight then and really not happy with it now.

What can I do?

applebags Mon 12-Feb-18 13:33:19

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

Please help, I just need someone to talk to about it.

StealthPolarBear Mon 12-Feb-18 13:34:37

It's bingeing. I do it too.

ClosdesMouches Tue 13-Feb-18 14:23:52

Hi OP. Stealth is right, it's binge eating. Dieting often seems to trigger it for many people. Has this only started recently?

Forgeteverythingandremember Wed 14-Feb-18 12:38:30

I wish I had a solution or some answers for you but I don’t as I’m in the same boat

I’m slim and otherwise eat really well but I have no off switch. I also eat odd things like dry stuffing or cake mix or custard powder and a normal portion just never feels like it hits the spot. I could eat and eat.
Have managed entire packets of dry cereal straight from he pack before now.

I can only manage by not starting the first mouthful. If I can hold on to some self control at that point I’m ok but once it starts there is no stopping.

RedPandaMama Wed 14-Feb-18 12:45:03

Read up on binge eating disorder. People often don't consider it a real 'eating disorder' but it ruined my life for many years. I finally got a grip on it during pregnancy and now have to avoid trigger foods as much as possible - chocolate and sugar mainly. I have one 100g bar of dark chocolate a week, DP looks after it and I have to ask him for some and track it all in myfitnesspal. It's not him being controlling, it's the measures I've had to take to stop it. I'm doing better now.

I would suggest tracking everything you eat and see what your downfalls are, don't buy in or only buy small amounts of trigger foods, and there's always counselling too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now