Advanced search

Ignorant STBXH - advice please?

(6 Posts)
Hmbmjb Tue 13-Sep-16 14:16:13

I filed for divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour (sent papers off in early August). Doing a DIY divorce as not got the money to use a solicitor.
I have 2 emails from him confirming he has received the paperwork however he hasn't returned the acknowledgement of service, I have checked with the court twice, even though he insists he has!
What can I do now? Are the emails proof that he has received them and is just being difficult? What next step should I take?
Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
Hmbmjb Wed 14-Sep-16 09:31:43

Can anyone help me?

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Wed 14-Sep-16 13:44:07

You need to apply for an order for deemed service. D11, I think, a statement exhibiting the emails and telling the court what has been going on, send it in (with the fee) and the Judge should give you a decision by post.

Hmbmjb Wed 14-Sep-16 14:14:21

Thank you for your reply. I think that's my best option. I know he just wants to be as difficult as possible!

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Wed 14-Sep-16 14:21:40

Did you ask for a costs order?if so, this court fee will be added to the rest.

Good luck.

Hmbmjb Wed 14-Sep-16 15:08:21

I ticked the box on the original divorce form to say I thought he should pay, is that what you mean? Thank-you

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in