Advanced search

Ignoring court orders

(7 Posts)
jaKent321 Sun 06-Sep-15 20:42:52

Does anyone know what will happen if I ignore a court order and stop access? My son goes to see his father fortnightly and the night before he goes he wets the bed and and when he returns he wets the bed. He cries that he doesn't want to go as his father frightens him and shouts. I left his father due to mental/emotional abuse and I know what he is going through.
He is nine years old and saying he can't take any more.

LalaDipsey Sun 06-Sep-15 21:27:13

I have absolutely no idea but would strongly suggest you get legal advice and get your GP/health visitor support and back up also and get his distress logged. Big hugs. This is exactly what I dread should STBXH ever want to take the children overnight and utterly support you to fight this. Pls call a solicitor/legal aid/women's aid/GP/everyone until someone backs you up x

DiscoDiva70 Mon 07-Sep-15 10:01:54

I agree with Lala that you should get legal advice and document everything down. I would also advise you to make a court application yourself if possible to have the order discharged. Good luck

Toffeelatteplease Mon 07-Sep-15 10:09:45

Get legal advice. Stopping access never goes well. In my own case it gave them a year off and then the court ordered longer access as there wasn't enough proof (physical violence) and it was deemed I was being disruptive. As it was it never got quite as bad as was ordered as ex didn't comply with conditions.

babybarrister Mon 07-Sep-15 21:40:18

Tryand get him to speak to his teachers etc or other independent people

RandomMess Mon 07-Sep-15 21:44:03

Absolutely speak to the school and ask that they urgently find him a counsellor. You really need independent evidence to back you up.

Desperately sad for you and your ds sad

DiscoDiva70 Wed 09-Sep-15 15:17:53

Have you decided anything yet op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now