Advanced search

Easiest way to change back to my maiden name

(5 Posts)
Collaborate Sun 30-Dec-12 15:33:40

You just produce your decree absolute. Birth certificate is irrelevant when you want to change your name on your passport or driving license.

RedBushedT Sun 30-Dec-12 11:08:37

Oh fabulous! I've misplaced my birth certificate although I know I've seen it really recently. I'll blitz the house for it. Thank you! grin

LunaticFringe Sun 30-Dec-12 11:05:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EleanorGiftbasket Sun 30-Dec-12 11:00:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RedBushedT Sun 30-Dec-12 10:58:07

I'm recently divorced and want to revert to my maiden name. My solicitor took my marriage certificate 'for the court' so although I have my absolute, I don't have the marriage certificate proving my maiden name.
Is it easiest to send off for a copy of my marriage certificate or just go via deed poll? If deed poll, which site? There seem to be lots!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now