Talk

Advanced search

Watching 'children's programmes' with dcs, but with a <ahem> different reason than apparent....

(18 Posts)
Pan Sun 26-Sep-10 19:22:00

Keeping this light-hearted..

find I am a big fan of "Two of a Kind" , on the Popgirl channel, watching it with dd. Realise that my keeness on this, apart from showing single parent hood in a positive light, yadder, yadder is
this person who is the baby-sitter/help person.

Fine comedic acting skills, and all. But also makes me come over all unnecessary.....

am not alone in this, shorely??

UrbanDad Wed 29-Sep-10 11:19:00

Really? You can do better than that... There was a thread a few years back about female children's TV presenters. I suggest you read this thread and change channels.

Pan Wed 29-Sep-10 23:18:18

Nah...it's a matter of taste..and THAT thread was a discussion about girlie tv children's presenters...different genre. Totally.

TechLovingDad Thu 07-Oct-10 23:34:07

When DD used to watch CBeebies bedtime story, I was rarely interested until Angela Griffin was reading it.

And now that she is into Disney channel, I find that we both share the enjoyment of watching the Wizards of Waverley place. Because of the hot mum? Oh no, of course not!

Pan Sat 09-Oct-10 18:32:30

oh yes, I know the one......

emmab5 Mon 11-Oct-10 11:18:49

Ha Ha so that's the real reason my DP watches wizards of waverley place with sooo much enjoyment lol

I of course would never encourage DC to watch Dr Who just so I can oogle David Tennent or Matt Smith

SilkySilky Sat 04-Dec-10 18:59:17

Sarah-Jane Honeywell is top notch on CBeebies.

As for topic title, what does "dcs" stand for?

Hulababy Sat 04-Dec-10 19:15:36

I was always very sceptical when DH was more than happy to watch Fairies with DD when she was younger. I don;t thik it was the Elf or Bumblebee that kept his attention!

eeore Sat 12-Feb-11 19:27:42

I like that Wiggles DVD with Kylies shoes...

HuckingFell Sat 12-Feb-11 19:53:08

My dh also admitted to liking the fairies hula!

JeffTracy Mon 14-Feb-11 10:00:42

My DD is 19 now (!) but I remember she loved Baywatch when she was about 6 and insisted I watch with her. Sometimes one has to sacrifice to be a good parent...

mamadiva Mon 14-Feb-11 10:13:11

My DP recorded an episode of Jackanory because DS likes the story... nothing at all to with the fact that Sheridan Smith was reading it then hmm

Is Two of A kind the thing with the Olsen twins? I used to love that show when I was younger.

Snorbs Mon 14-Feb-11 12:03:23

I have no idea what you are all talking about.

I watch The Legend of Dick and Dom with my DCs because I enjoy the intriguing plot, rich characterisation and multi-layered dialogue.

It's nothing at all to do with the rather attractive actress who plays Lutin. Oh no. Definitely not.

Pan Mon 14-Feb-11 21:21:41

yes, Two of a Kind is with the (apparently) thoroughly-dislikeable-in-real-life twins.
Carrie has a joi de vivre about her.

dd has gone off it now, which makes things a bit tricky...

UnquietDad Thu 17-Feb-11 12:02:37

Has anyone been watching "The Sparticle Mystery"? ... Just asking...

Snorbs Fri 18-Feb-11 10:38:20

No. But I'll suggest it to my DCs. I suppose I'd better watch it with them to make sure it's appropriate for their ages.

UnquietDad Mon 21-Feb-11 18:47:43

Actually, it's gone rubbish now. Shame, it's a waste of a good premise.

SilkySilky Sun 19-Jun-11 08:45:26

Cbbc M I High has some potential poontang.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now