Capsule wardrobe for holiday help!

(9 Posts)
Newnamewhodis1 Thu 02-Jan-20 11:01:51

Hi all. I'm going on holiday to Vietnam for just under three weeks and have NO holiday clothes. Holiday will be a combination of city/town exploring, a two night cruise and plenty of lazy/beach action. I'm a notorious over packer but I've recently lost a lot of weight and don't want to go mad buying clothes just for a holiday.

What would you take? I like plain prints, neutral colours. Usually buy from Cos, Ganni and &Other Stories etc.

OP’s posts: |
Newnamewhodis1 Thu 02-Jan-20 11:03:31

No idea why this posted on credit crunch...! Have moved to S&B

ivykaty44 Thu 02-Jan-20 15:57:20

I went to a hot country for 10 days with just hand luggage

I packed

2 pair linen trousers 2 tops for evening 2 tops for daytime
I pair linen shorts 1 top for day time
2 dresses can be worn evening or day
Swimsuit sarong
Makeup, mini toiletries but only use where hotel don’t supply
I wear comfortable jeans, light top, cardigan (that can be used in evening when away if cooler)
Socks/pants 3 pairs of sanders, trainers, flip flops

I only take clothes I really like and plan to wear them twice & wash - take hand wash and most hotels have an iron for a quick press

Also remember you might see something to buy when away so leave space for extras

forkfun Thu 02-Jan-20 16:02:55

Loose linen clothing. This time of year is very hot and humid. Also tops that cover your shoulders for visiting temples.
I'd pack
2 linen trousers
2 loose long sleeved tunics (that work with trousers and as beach cover ups)
2 summer dresses (not beachy, smart enough for city)
2 t-shirts
A skirt
A light cardigan
Sandals
Flip flops
2 bathing suits
I'd have laundry done at some point. Very easy and cheap in Vietnam.

Newnamewhodis1 Fri 03-Jan-20 10:06:26

Thank you both!

violetgrey Sun 12-Jan-20 20:39:47

If you stay in big cities ask your hotel if they can recommend a taylor. My colleague had some gorgeous tops and dresses made by a taylor in Ho Chi Minh City a for reasonable prices. She chose her fabrics and they were made for her over the weekend.
Completely off topic, but if you are staying in Ho Chi Minh I recommend this spa for facial and massage. Their products are gorgeous too! www.lapothiquaire.vn/

Hadalifeonce Sun 12-Jan-20 20:53:45

I also tend to stick to a colour scheme, to ensure I can wear all separates with all the others.

Advertisement

Newnamewhodis1 Sun 12-Jan-20 22:41:03

@violetgrey I'm on mobile and the clicky link isn't working! Can you tell me what to Google please? Thanks!

violetgrey Sun 12-Jan-20 23:47:56

It’s La Maison de L' Apothiquaire Spa Saigon.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in