Advanced search

Benefits help

(5 Posts)
MummyIsMagic79 Fri 30-Sep-16 17:27:53

Can anyone help with a question about HB?

I am separating from my partner. I have found a house I want to rent, but will need HB. The estate agents accept HB, but I'm a bit confused....

I can't afford to apply/put down deposit, without HB, but I didn't think you could apply for HB wothout havibg an address for it already! How does it work?

TIA smile

Arkkorox Fri 30-Sep-16 17:29:16

My council will help you with a deposit/ firsts months rent. Have you spoken to the housing department?

Neffi Fri 30-Sep-16 17:31:58

Housing Benefit won't help with a deposit, only on going rent.

Your local authority holding department may help or be able to refer you to a local rent start organisation that will help with the deposit.

Neffi Fri 30-Sep-16 18:37:37

housing not holding

Fizty Sun 02-Oct-16 03:10:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now