Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone who has an agent and a publisher answer a question, please?

(9 Posts)
ImperialBlether Wed 11-May-16 15:12:47

If you write to your editor, do you cc your agent, too?

schmalex Wed 11-May-16 19:59:21

Not usually, no. I keep my agent in the loop but if everything is going fine I wouldn't cc her on everything editorial.

LittleLionHeart Thu 12-May-16 21:44:25

Yes I do

GetAHaircutCarl Fri 13-May-16 18:53:21

Depends.

All business stuff goes through my agents and anything tricky. But day to day Q&As about editing etc, then no.

ImperialBlether Sat 14-May-16 13:31:22

That's what I thought should happen, GetAHaircut.

DownHereInTheHorridHouse Wed 01-Jun-16 17:07:16

Not unless there's a problem or I think there might be in the future. I send the manuscript straight to the editor too - I'd drop my agent an email to let them know it's gone in on time, but wouldn't send it to him unless he asked.

ImperialBlether Wed 01-Jun-16 17:09:22

Mine seems to want to be copied into everything.

DownHereInTheHorridHouse Wed 01-Jun-16 17:12:51

There's no harm in copying them in, I guess - easy to do and means there can be no confusion over dates/changes etc. I think I only worry if someone starts copying others in when they didn't in the past!

HollySeddonAuthor Tue 07-Jun-16 11:48:28

I do if it's something my agent could benefit from knowing, I generally cc her in the first email in a thread and then when it's just the tail end of pleasantries, I take her off the thread as I'm conscious of just how many emails she must get.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now