Talk

Advanced search

Feedback

(8 Posts)
Shakey1500 Tue 04-Oct-11 21:36:35

Not sure if it's the done thing or not blush

I've written a short story and whilst my family have been complimentary I am fully aware of the bias grin so would welcome any comments. I used to write short stories in my childhood and have only recently dallied with the idea again. So is it acceptable to post it here or via pm and have it critiqued or not? No problems if it's against etiquette etc, just thought I'd ask smile

Or does anyone know of somewhere that does give feedback etc?

I've no problems if anyone thinks it's rubbish, would rather know than not and I'm thick skinned. Also it's a newish thing for me so I'm a bit green on story construction etc.

Thanks

ImperialBlether Wed 05-Oct-11 18:48:40

Can I ask where you'd like to see it published? How long is it? Who's your ideal reader?

I've not seen anyone put a full story on here, but I don't see why you shouldn't.

KittyWalker Wed 05-Oct-11 18:51:03

I don't mind reading it for you, can't see why it would be a problem.

Shakey1500 Wed 05-Oct-11 19:05:22

Thank you both smile

Imperial I haven't given the publishing a lot of thought really <not a clue> and I don't think I've got an ideal reader as such? Just anyone willing really grin. I realise I am showing my ignorance blush

Will send you both a pm, thanks again.

ImperialBlether Wed 05-Oct-11 21:29:53

Just emailed you, Shakey ;)

Zoidberg Tue 11-Oct-11 12:46:57

I used www.youwriteon.com for a few stories earlier this year, found people's comments generally helpful. You have to read and review other people's work to get credits to ask for yours to be read and get feedback.

As a bonus, on there you are bound to read some awful writing that will boost your confidence smile

FlamingoBingo Tue 18-Oct-11 12:27:34

Hiya

You can PM me with it if you like, but you need to tell me how honest and straight you want the feedback! Would certainly be giving feedback to help you get better, but that's not always nice to hear IYSWIM smile

Cwm Thu 20-Oct-11 12:46:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now