My baby had to be tested for Covid today

(5 Posts)
november90 Mon 16-Nov-20 19:24:58

And I feel really sad about it!
No symptoms other then a raging temperature for no obvious reason. Doctors sent him to a and e and they tested him! His temp came right down with ibuprofen so I'm feeling pretty confident it'll be negative but I feel so sad. He sibyl 6 months old sad

Just wish all of this would end!

OP’s posts: |
BefuddledPerson Mon 16-Nov-20 19:27:58

Hope they're better soon - and hope it's negative so you don't have to isolate!

I get where you're coming from - it's just crappy all round!!

Sandyjag Mon 16-Nov-20 22:19:01

Aw sorry that you feel so sad about it. I remember even feeling sad about giving my baby calpol after the jabs. I’m glad they’re feeling a bit better. If it’s any help my brother’s a doctor so his new baby has been tested loads of times. Cuddle them tight they’re lucky to have such a caring mum.

MoirasRoses Mon 16-Nov-20 22:44:06

As horrible as it is, I’m glad to hear you are able to potentially get babies tested by medical professionals. I did my 3 year old & made her nose bleed terribly. I don’t think I can bring myself to try on my 8 month old!

Hope your little one is OK! It’s unlikely any baby would be the only one displaying symptoms in a family as they’ll inevitably get it from a family member. Obviously not impossible but it seems very unlikely an entire family would be asymptomatic & only a baby show symptoms.

labellelaide Tue 17-Nov-20 10:32:16

Hope your baby is better soon xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in