Talk

Advanced search

India doing so well with lockdown!

(5 Posts)
Alex50 Mon 25-May-20 08:01:27

It amazes how manny people I have heard praise India on there quick action of lockdown, when the reality is people were left to die of exhaustion and starvation on the streets

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-52776442/coronavirus-india-death-and-despair-as-migrant-workers-flee-cities

OP’s posts: |
MonaLisaDoesntSmile Mon 25-May-20 10:54:05

To be honest I have not heard any praises, on the contrary, the terryfying stories of poverty, famine and violence.

TopperSail Mon 25-May-20 11:01:49

Rather than reading and moving on with my life, what could I do to help these people?

MarginalGain Mon 25-May-20 11:11:02

It's shocking, I was on an email thread with a woman (a longer/harder/earlier lockdown fanatic) and she was praising India and I couldn't trust myself to respond to her.

Alex50 Mon 25-May-20 11:16:29

There’s nothing you can do, it’s the hypocrisy that annoys me. I’ve seen on a few threads India have managed to get a handle on the pandemic why can’t the UK! The only reason India isn’t having huge numbers is because a lot of people are starving to death before coronvirus klls them, that and they’re not testing.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »