Talk

Advanced search

Outpatient appointment

(4 Posts)
am67 Mon 25-May-20 04:50:01

After a little bit of advice. My dad who is 83 has an appointment for an MRI on Thursday. He and my mum have been self isolating due to age, not a severe clinical condition, since the start of the lockdown.

I will have to drive him to the appointment - would it be better for him to sit in the front or back of the car.

OP’s posts: |
Redolent Mon 25-May-20 04:55:29

As the viral will circulate in an enclosed space I’m not sure it’ll make much difference. Think of it rather like a fart and how you might avoid that.

The best thing to do is keep the windows open as much as you can and both wear face coverings.

endofthelinefinally Mon 25-May-20 04:56:54

I am shielding but had to go to hospital recently.
I wore mask and gloves, sat in back of car, windows open.
Driver wore mask and gloves.
As soon as I got home I stripped off, put clothes in washing machine, had shower, washed door handles, washed everything else I had touched on the way in.
That was 3 weeks ago and so far I am ok.

Eo91 Mon 25-May-20 05:32:35

I've been shielding due to health conditions/immunosuppressant medication - I had to have family take me to an appointment and got swabbed to go to a covid free outpatients. Wearing a mask in the back seat/hand gel wherever possible worked fine for me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »