Talk

Advanced search

Anyone who's had it, is the cough tickly?

(7 Posts)
fullofgoodintentions Sun 24-May-20 22:54:25

Started off with a bit of a dry throat yesterday, today it feels tickly. In addition I can feel a bit of a crackle in my lungs but can't really cough anything up. I don't feel unwell although I felt excessively tired the other day and slept all afternoon.

Is that what they mean by a dry cough? I am not coughing involuntarily but I feel like I need to clear my throat.

OP’s posts: |
VerbenaGirl Sun 24-May-20 23:00:18

It was unlike any cough I have ever had before - not tickly or chesty or phlegmy. The best way I can describe it is that it felt like a small dry cough that came from deep in my chest.

sociallydistained Sun 24-May-20 23:07:58

Op, I started getting a tickly throat last night. Same today but with a shortness of breath feeling like I can't take a full deep breath? No cough, no temp but woke up with a banging headache and have had to take painkillers to keep on top of that. Obviously first thoughts are corona virus but really I doubt it? The shallow breaths is worrying. Hoping I wake up normal tomorrow confused

Notcool1984 Sun 24-May-20 23:23:02

Mine was also deep and from my lungs. Also no sore throat

wildthingsinthenight Sun 24-May-20 23:23:56

It feels like you have inhaled talcum powder. Very odd

fullofgoodintentions Mon 25-May-20 08:46:02

Throat not tickly this morning, just feel like I have a bit of a cough but nothing major. Will see how it pans out!

OP’s posts: |
Troels Mon 25-May-20 09:17:29

Mine feels like theres something stuck right between my boobs inside my lungs, it is just irritating, not painful now it was for a while and coughing doesn't help much but I do a lot of it anyway. I'm sick of bloody coughing. Everything else is back to normal, except I still can't smell anything I'm back to work even. Shopping for food is the worst, I'm wearing a mask as other people hear a cough and are ready to string you up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »