Talk

Advanced search

Am I coming down with it?

(6 Posts)
coronarona Wed 22-Apr-20 23:23:10

This evening I had a weird hot flush and I've had a headache ever since. I'm also slightly hot, a bit shivery with achy shoulders. I've coughed a few more times than usual but it isn't continuous. I've just had some pretty spectacular diarrhoea, my stomach doesn't feel bad though.

Is this the start?

OP’s posts: |
Needsomegoodnews Wed 22-Apr-20 23:40:19

At this stage you won’t be able to tell but behave as if you do.

For me it started with fever and diarrhoea and a sore throat but not much of a cough at all (and no real cough throughout) stayed like that for about 3 days then briefly better and didn’t really think it was likely covid until the tight chest and shortness of breath hit after about 6 days and the fever came back with a vengeance with extreme fatigue. Plenty of people don’t seem to go into that phase though.

MajesticWhine Wed 22-Apr-20 23:44:29

That could be it. Do you have a thermometer?

MummyPop00 Wed 22-Apr-20 23:46:23

Sounds like it could well be.

We’re in late April now, so less likely to be a cold or flu (though not impossible, granted)

coronarona Wed 22-Apr-20 23:57:54

My thermometer still hasn't arrived! It's been weeks, so I'm not holding out for it actually turning up.

I don't feel too bad atm - it was just be very odd how it's suddenly came on after a "hot flush", but it was very strange. I felt quite faint until it had passed.

OP’s posts: |
Barryisland Thu 23-Apr-20 00:19:52

No. It sounds more like an upset stomach or norovirus type thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »