Talk

Advanced search

Books to distract from CV

(13 Posts)
Pomegranatepompom Tue 14-Apr-20 18:44:53

Possibly not strictly the correct place but does anyone have any joyous book recommendations?

Pretty miserable day @ work, uplifting book recommendations would be really welcome.

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Msloverlover Tue 14-Apr-20 18:50:09

Currently reading Crazy Rich Asians trilogy whilst laid up with CV. It’s perfect fluffy reading. Marian Keyes also went down very well. Cannot deal with anything more taxing right now.

Pomegranatepompom Tue 14-Apr-20 18:53:29

I do like Marian Keyes as light reading.
Thanks for reminding me about her books.
Hope your symptoms aren’t too bad.

Costalatte Tue 14-Apr-20 18:53:58

I second Marian Keyes, I’ve just started ready The Break but I’ve read most of her previous books and love them, especially Watermelon.

Allthegoodnamesweretakenalread Tue 14-Apr-20 19:03:28

Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series is pretty entertaining and quite light.

LivinLaVidaLoki Tue 14-Apr-20 19:12:22

The stephanie plum series by Janet Evanovich, they're hilarious and my go to light read.

Pomegranatepompom Thu 16-Apr-20 15:28:11

I think I got to book 11 in the Stephanie Plum books- I’ll have a look on amazon. Thank you. You’ve just reminded me about a holiday I had on Florida eating Reece cups and reading !

Msloverlover Thu 16-Apr-20 15:50:41

No 1 ladies detective agency and Donna Leon are good for non gruesome murder mysteries too.

Jackie Collins and Jilly Cooper did more fluff.

HermanHermit Thu 16-Apr-20 15:56:12

Lots of Jeeves and Wooster, plus I’ve reread the Diary of a Provincial Lady which is stone cold hilarious
(New Marian Keyes is a good call - I shall download)

LEELULUMPKIN Thu 16-Apr-20 15:58:34

Can't beat a bit of Agatha Christie!

MarshmallowManiac Thu 16-Apr-20 16:13:43

Can't beat a bit of 'Bridget Jones' by Helen Fielding smile

Historyofeverything1 Thu 16-Apr-20 16:47:08

Have you got Amazon prime?
Download the kindle app if so, loads of free books also can put in authors you like and you'll get recommendations of similar authors (I've found many a new author I like this way).

TheNavigator Thu 16-Apr-20 19:18:06

Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons is my happy read. It is silly and hilarious and Flora Poste wonderfully solves everyone's problems in a very satisfying way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »