Talk

Advanced search

how faint does the blue line have to be?

(14 Posts)
Flatron Wed 17-Aug-05 11:51:51

have done clearblue test today and there is a strongish negative line and the most faint, barely detectable cross (positive) line. my AF isnt really due for a week. what do you think?

tortoiseshell Wed 17-Aug-05 11:53:48

I believe that any line is a line iyswim - which would mean you were pregnant!

Lizzylou Wed 17-Aug-05 11:54:21

I had the very same result with Clearblue and am now 11 weeks........

missycantstop Wed 17-Aug-05 12:09:16

i could only see the line when i put it to sunlight but i was still pregnant. hope that helps.

missycantstop Wed 17-Aug-05 12:11:15

doctor also told me a positive is a positive. i didnt believe him so decided to do another test. doctor was right all along. my son is now 3weeks old

Flatron Wed 17-Aug-05 12:19:17

I am not sure whether I am imagining the line or not - when i hold it in the shade I can JUST see something. oh well I suppose I'll have to wait a few more days.Thanks

jersey Wed 17-Aug-05 14:45:33

Hi with my DS I did a clear blue test when I was 2 days late and the line was very faint, we were unsure. So did the one which gives you a pink dot twice and they went pink. I think it said that the later you are the fainter the line, or something like. Don't know if that helps!

starlover Wed 17-Aug-05 14:46:34

how long ago did you do the test?
because a lot have a time limit and over that limit what you see is not accurate

missycantstop Wed 17-Aug-05 15:01:49

personally i think first response the test you can do 4 days b4 your period is due is the best test to do, so if you don't mind spending a bit more i would suggest it.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Wed 17-Aug-05 15:28:12

I had faint lines with both my pregnancies when i tested early and dark lines when tested after af due
x

meggymoo Wed 17-Aug-05 15:30:19

Message withdrawn

Busyalexsmummy Thu 18-Aug-05 14:00:53

thought id add my two penneth- if your ttc and regulary buying tests try ebay, i bought 3 tests on there for about £1.20 and they are the most sensitive you can get they measure 10MIU,(most shop brands ie clearblue etc test 20/25/50MIU)

Worriedbev Thu 18-Aug-05 15:14:20

I did a clearblue about a week before my af was due and got which I thought was a line but really had to strain my eyes and thought I was imagining it but then 4 days later did another one and there was a definite dark line, so keeping everything crossed for you. I cheated on the first test and took the test apart and saw the line very clearly, perhaps you could do that and done one a few days later. Mine came through for me so perhaps yours will too.
Bev

fuzzywuzzy Thu 18-Aug-05 15:16:58

The line on my test was so faint I nearly went cross eyed checking to see if it was real or not.... it was definitely positive though, dd1 is testimony to it.

Congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now