Talk

Advanced search

IVF at Hammersmith hospital anyone?

(8 Posts)
Ailz Tue 02-Jun-09 21:42:48

Hi everyone, I am about to have IVF at Hammersmith Hospital and I am wondering if anyone else has done this (at hammersmith)and how successful it was?

gillydaffodil Wed 03-Jun-09 05:09:32

Message withdrawn

Ailz Wed 03-Jun-09 12:04:17

Thanks gilly. I am using their private clinic as i unfortunately dont qualify for NHS as i already have a dd (aged 3). Having my co-ord appt today so very excited/nervous/confused! I am trying to think of as many questions as i can. Good luck with your review appt. hope they tell you lovely things! x

gillydaffodil Wed 03-Jun-09 18:31:44

Message withdrawn

Ailz Wed 03-Jun-09 19:00:09

oh it went fine, much shorter than i expected though. dh took afternoon off work as we were told it would take 2 hours and it only took 20 mins! since i came home i have thought of loads of questions - typical! i will email her. just went through the injections, which we are dreading,naturally! Good luck with your review appt. apparently if they dont change the plan of action you should change clinics or so i read recently. I wish you all the luck in the world

magtz Sat 08-Aug-09 10:27:08

Well,I've been dying to share my experience with IVF Hammersmith /the Wolfson family clinic/ since the moment I started, but didn't get a chance to do it. I'm a 34 yr old, in great shape and great health, with no issues on the reproductive side. My husband who is 36, however, occasionally has low motility sperm, which diminishes our chances of getting pregnant naturally, but doesn't make it impossible. Anyway, we just finished our 1st IVF cycle and I have to say the clinic is a joke. Let me be specific - firstly,the only time you see a proper experienced doctor is may be a month before you begin injections - just to tell you that you will be put on a long protocol and to read your chances from a statistics table /which can do yourself/. Do you get to see a doctor during the rest of your treatment? No!!! When you have questions, you call the clinic, leave a message and a nurse calls you. Don't be surprised that the "embryologist" is a 23yr old kid straight out of Med school! The "doctor" doing scans, prescribing meds, doing egg retrieval and embryo implantation is an inexperienced resident at the hospital, learning on the job! And if you think that's not enough - i even managed to negotiate my doses down with that same "doctor" by telling her that i'm really thin and am very sensitive to drugs - that was sufficient for her change the prescription from 225ml to 150ml of Gonal -F. So, if you can get to see a real doctor there, may be worth the chance - but i never thought this kind of delicate and important job would be given to a bunch of medical trainees!

EllenPorritt Wed 12-Aug-09 09:25:51

Message deleted

Cerened Wed 12-Aug-09 09:47:44

Ellen - please can you check out the Media requests topic - you need to pay for these reuests

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now