Talk

Advanced search

TMI Alert...is this sperm or EWCM

(6 Posts)
lulabelle Fri 19-Sep-08 14:37:10

Sorry but I have to ask...I have irregular periods, last one was 40 days. I bd'd this morning about 7.00am, and have just been to the loo and as I wiped there was lots of mucusy stuff, I have been to the loo about three times before that today so if it was sperm would it not have all been washed out by now? I'm thinking it could be EWCM but according to my dates, didn't think I would ovulate until next week?

Do you think its just sperm or could it be EWCM? I stretched it and it was very stretchy, don't think sperm is like this?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 19-Sep-08 14:55:42

It sounds like cervical mucus.

If your periods are irregular and continue to be so I would seek medical advice sooner rather than later. Irregular periods can be caused by hormonal imbalances which can be treated. You need to find out what is causing the irregularity of periods.

A 40 day cycle is more likely than not to be anovulatory (a "normal" cycle is a cycle length of between 21 and 35 days OR with less than 4 days of variation from month to month).

lulabelle Fri 19-Sep-08 16:44:09

ATM, I have PCOS and periods took ages to return after birth of DS1, sooner with DS2 but irregular. TBH, I was so used to them being irregular I don't think I have ever counted the cycle days before now, getting excited about it!!

lulabelle Fri 19-Sep-08 16:46:46

what does anolulatory mean? is it bad or good? sorry if thats a stupid question

AstroPup Fri 19-Sep-08 16:50:11

I thought of posting this EXACT question about a month ago. I didn't in the end but I'm now up the duff grin
Good luck!

roquefortlover Fri 19-Sep-08 17:00:00

Anovulatory just means you don't ovulate during that cycle . Not a stupid q. at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now