Talk

Advanced search

ok whats going on?

(14 Posts)
mrsleroyjethrogibbs Wed 27-Aug-08 19:38:27

last cycle was 27days. we are now on 29 days with no af. I caved and tested yest but got a bfn. I have had cramping and a little brownish cm but nothing much to speak about.
advice please?

ScaryHairy Wed 27-Aug-08 21:40:02

Very few women have a textbook 28 day cycle.
Very few women have a cycle of exactly the same length each time.
What happens is that the day on which your body ovulates can vary significantly from one month to the next. This then delays your period since the gap between ovulation and your next period (the "luteal phase") will usually be pretty much the same from one month to the next.
If you ovulate a bit later than normal, your period will appear to be late. If I had to guess I would say that is what has happened to you this cycle.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Thu 28-Aug-08 07:09:32

thanks scary. tbh i am ususally 28 days but as you say it can vary. i did a pg test this am it its still brewing but showing a faint positive. I am not getting my hopes up as i bought a two pack and this is no.2 and the last one 2 days ago showed a bfn (unless I didnt wait long enough before I chucked it away - instructions, what are they for?)
I think if I am not on in the next couple of days I might test with my super duper clearblue one. the silly one from my chemist has a silly plastic cage over where you pee and I dont pee straight so had trouble moistening it.
we will see. off to check it again

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Thu 28-Aug-08 07:20:36

here are my test results

pic one

pic two

RipMacWinkle Thu 28-Aug-08 07:29:12

Looks like a faint BFP - no?

Did you get the free clearblue from MN? Is it worth trying something like that if they're more sensitive?

Tentative congratulations may be in order smile

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Thu 28-Aug-08 07:37:23

Yes i did. can you believe it i was waiting till i was certain i was pg.
actually that line has become quite clear the longer it has stewed... i dont think there is any question about it

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Thu 28-Aug-08 07:43:43

here you are

another pic

DisplacementActivity Thu 28-Aug-08 07:50:33

Message withdrawn

RipMacWinkle Thu 28-Aug-08 07:50:36

Ooh looks like a bfp to me - congratulations!!!

beanieb Thu 28-Aug-08 08:02:05

you're pregnant!

liahgen Thu 28-Aug-08 08:15:56

yep. Definately bfp

Woohoo, congratulations

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Thu 28-Aug-08 08:16:40

thanks ladies. indeed I am
i think i will hold of telling dh till after the weekend. I reckon if I tell him early he wont buy the bike he is hopefully getting.

liahgen Thu 28-Aug-08 08:26:29

good luck in keeping that under your hat for 3 days grin

ScaryHairy Thu 28-Aug-08 08:55:19

I agree - definitelty pregnant. Congratulations. grin
Come and join us on the May 2009 ante-natal thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now