Talk

Advanced search

Could I be preg - 2 months since AF but still BF...

(5 Posts)
NoMoreTestsThisMonth Wed 20-Aug-08 09:29:14

Hi all, really confused - advice please!!

I am still BF DD (9mnths), not using BC (except w'drawal blush - I know!!). Had one AF 20th June and nothing since. Neg preg tests at home and in Dr's. Dr says not to worry hmm and to come back in a couple of weeks if "still not right" !!!

I feel pregnant - have felt nausea, v tired, cramps and (bizarrely) feeling like braxton hicks shock

I did the new free CB test yest, was neg but as always I opened it up for a peek!! I know there are always 2 lines on the digital tests, but with the conception ind test, there is another strip, and that had a blue line on it too... hmm

What should I do? And if not preg, what is wrong with me, if anything?

theyoungvisiter Wed 20-Aug-08 09:32:54

BF does make your periods erratic - my periods didn't return completely reliably until about 14 months.

Before that I had a few, then a gap, then a few more etc. I found it seemed to be loosely connected to the amount DS fed and his night waking.

So you could be pregnant - but with negative tests I'd say it's more likely it's just the bf hormones messing with your cycle.

Not an expert though, so see what others say.

NoMoreTestsThisMonth Wed 20-Aug-08 11:29:25

thank you young, i know you're prob right, i'd sort of got my hopes up for a surprise baby...

NoMoreTestsThisMonth Wed 20-Aug-08 13:15:05

anyone else with any experience of this please?

NoMoreTestsThisMonth Wed 20-Aug-08 19:53:45

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now