Talk

Advanced search

Could I have had a bleed and be pregnant?

(5 Posts)
Kaedsmum Mon 11-Aug-08 10:35:50

Slight slip ups due to having to use condoms as the mini pill didn't work out for me. Then I started to bleed a little, so I started the contracveptive patch. Turns out I'm allergic to all hormonal contraception, and I had such a bad bleed that it wen through two night time always, through my knickers, jeans and all over the car seat within half an hour!! And I was only actually in the car for about 3-4 minutes of that.

I only stayed on the patch for a couple of days then took it off before my period had even stopped. But a few days after my period stopped I've started bleeding a little again. i don't know why.

Also, I've had symptoms that I had when i got pregnant last time- everything smells of sea water, I keep being sick randomly, I'm totally exhausted and run down and I'm VERY hormonal and emotional and upset and paranoid.

This could of course be some kind of hormonal thing from my couple of days on the patch. Pregnancy is unlikely.. but is it impossible? Had sex 2 or 3 times without a condom, but didn't finish.

JLo2 Mon 11-Aug-08 12:45:18

Definitely not impossible. It sounds like you need to take a trip to your GP.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 11-Aug-08 12:47:45

i bled when pg with dd1 also while on the pill. so is possible but i didnt bleed that badly. id go to gp or do a test just to be sure

Kaedsmum Mon 11-Aug-08 13:23:47

My body totally confuses me!! hmm

IzzyWizzyletsgetbusy Mon 11-Aug-08 13:35:50

I had a proper full-on week-long period when I was (unknowingly) pg with DS. My mum tells me she was the same for the 1st 4 months of her pregnancy with me shock

So it can happen - I don't know if that's what you wanted to hear or not. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now