Talk

Advanced search

OK...tell me honestly...

(14 Posts)
turtle23 Sat 19-Jul-08 16:02:34

DS is only 16 weeks and have been exclusively breastfeeding til today. Have had two periods despite this, and last one was 28 days on the dot. Usually use condoms but had sex on day 19 this month and kind of forgot. Thought that'd be ok, but later that night noticed EWM and the next day...oops. I know it's only a two day wait til my period is due, but could use a little "not pregnant...not yet" vibe or two this direction. Couldn't possibly happen yet...could it? eek.

scorpio1 Sat 19-Jul-08 16:03:33

Hey

err, yes! You could get pg in theory.

nickytwotimes Sat 19-Jul-08 16:04:51

It could happen as my cousin will testify!
What's ewm?

turtle23 Sat 19-Jul-08 16:39:21

Hi scorpio! I'm an idiot, eh? Roll on Monday, I need to know one way or the other. Having wasted about £4million while trying to get pg with DS, I am not testing til Tuesday.

scorpio1 Sat 19-Jul-08 16:41:22

i am an idiot too

good luck!

MissDown Sat 19-Jul-08 16:42:15

what is EWM? I wouldnt say you couldnt as my DS2 would have swam the channel if i wasnt with his dad that day to get me pg! lol I hope you get the result you hope for!

Tigerschick Sat 19-Jul-08 16:43:29

Hi turtle - I take it from your second post that you had medical help to conceive your ds ... I have a friend who had 7 courses of IVF before conceiving her ds, then got pg with her dd when her ds was 5 months old.
Good luck with testing, hope you get the result you want smile

Tigerschick Sat 19-Jul-08 16:44:35

ewcm is 'egg white cervical mucus' which is a sign that you are ovulating.

turtle23 Sat 19-Jul-08 20:34:27

oh..that should have read wasted that money on pregnancy tests...I'm not very awake at the mo. DS was conceived naturally, but after many many attempts and I was always convinced that THIS WAS GOING TO BE THE MONTH and tested really early. blush

ShowOfHands Sat 19-Jul-08 20:40:50

Sure it was ewcm and not semen?

spudballoo Sat 19-Jul-08 20:40:57

Um. Yes. I had sex ONCE after the birth of my first son, when he was 8mths, exclusively breastfed, periods hadn't even returned etc.

Next day I got ovulation pain.

four days later I got implantation pain.

9 months later my second son arrived!

So, er, yes. Very possible!

x

turtle23 Sun 20-Jul-08 09:04:38

SOH- yes, quite sure. My body seems to go into overdrive when it comes to mucous. Lovely, it is.

sars87 Sun 20-Jul-08 10:13:46

Well, lets just hope you get the result you want. It can happen but just to say even condoms aren't great, I was on the pill and using condoms when i fell pregnant the first time, after being told i'd never conceive naturally. Nothing stranger than the womans body. x

turtle23 Sun 20-Jul-08 12:05:17

The mind is hugely powerful (I think it's all in my head.) Woke up this morning with queasy tum and tingly boobs (although am still BF so..)and temp is up slightly. Here's hoping it's the flu. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now