Strange hpt result

(4 Posts)
Everybodyfednobodydead Tue 04-May-21 12:47:37

Hi everyone. Was hoping someone could help please. I had a mmc in January and have been trying since. My cycles haven't settled yet but I could be between 6-11dpo. Took a test and had this result. The line is blue in real life but is thin and doesnt reach to the bottom of the window. Have never seen a result like this (poas addict) is it likely to just be a faulty test? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Honey2 Tue 04-May-21 19:41:01

@Everybodyfednobodydead sorry never seen anything like this before.... do you have another test you can do? I would think it unlikely that a clear blue would show up positive if you are only 6-11dpo - what level of hcg is the test able to pick up?
Sorry can’t be more help!

NeedCoffeeToSurvive Tue 04-May-21 20:14:44

I had a test exactly like that although I can't remember how many DPO I was, took another 2 days later and got a clear positive, I'm now 31 weeks. I'd say test again in a day or two, maybe try an early response pink dye test.

espressoontap Tue 04-May-21 20:33:07

I have had these and it was sadly an evaporation line. So sorry to see you've had W MMC - I had one a couple of years ago and it was devastating thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in