Talk

Advanced search

A question for charters: high bbt after period?

(13 Posts)
Two4Joy Sun 12-May-19 10:05:14

A question for charters: usually my bbt drops the day before my period, or on the day of my period. This time, it's stayed up at pre-period levels for a whole week...

I know it's not due to high progesterone a) because I got my period and b) because I had a blood test on day 2 of cycle which showed low progesterone and low estrogen (as expected at that stage). What else could it be? Anyone have any ideas?

I'm confused! I've charted for 2 years and this has never happened...

(It was definitely a period, and I'm definitely not pregnant!)

Many thanks

hcopp Sun 12-May-19 11:21:05

@Two4joy Can you screenshot your chart?

Have any other factors changed? New duvet, going to bed at a different time, more alcohol this week?! Just thinking...!

Two4Joy Sun 12-May-19 11:52:11

Thanks hcopp. I’ve attached last cycle and this cycle. Nothing I’ve been doing consistently has changed.
Drinking does cause a spike but I only drank once this week & only one glass.
I have picked up a cold today which might explain today’s spike but I was only exposed to it on Friday so doesn’t explain why temps never dropped on Sun/Mon last week...

hcopp Sun 12-May-19 13:22:11

@Two4joy That is weird! I don't know what to suggest, I'm afraid. Keeping temp'ing, and let us know what transpires? xx

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 12-May-19 19:30:25

I had this this month. I thought it weird too. Currently 9dpo so ill let you know. Had bloods done on cd3 which were fine though.

Two4Joy Sun 12-May-19 22:56:05

@whyhaveidonethis
Oh that’s interesting. Were you unwell at all at the start of the cycle?
Good to see it went back down quite quickly and you still ovulated that month.

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 12-May-19 22:58:31

I wasn't ill or anything. I've never had that before either. Was very weird. Then again I've never had such a stable period as I had later on either.

Daisypod Fri 17-May-19 16:59:15

That's really weird as I read this last week and then this week have had af but temp hasn't gone down. Really weird as normal af and BFN the day before I came on so definitely not pregnant. Has anyone else's gone back down yet?

Polly99 Fri 17-May-19 17:07:01

If it stays up then do an HPT. I had this - temps were higher than my normal follicular phase but not quite as high as normal luteal phase- and it was an ectopic. I’d had a bleed (5 days, period-like) and a BFN before that so would not really otherwise have suspected pregnancy.

Two4Joy Sun 19-May-19 12:01:09

Mine is still up - it has been 12 days now 🤷‍♀️

Daisypod Mon 20-May-19 13:38:41

Mine too, I will try to attach this month and last months charts to show. It went down one day to last months coverline but then straight back up again. I have even tried a new thermometer to see if it was faulty but the other one was the same. 🤔

Whyhaveidonethis Mon 20-May-19 17:14:51

Just to update. I got a BFP this month, however it appears to have been a chemical and I just stagers bleeding today.

Two4Joy Tue 21-May-19 08:12:25

I don’t want to tempt fate but the last 2 days it seems to have gone back down below coverline (usually 36.4)...

Really sorry about your chemical, Whyhaveidonethis. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »