Talk

Advanced search

Sore throat/runny nose early signs before BFP?

(7 Posts)
mila1988 Wed 17-Apr-19 17:10:36

I'm 4/5DPO and all of a sudden just before bedtime I had an itchy throat and partially blocked dry nose. This morning woke up with a mild sore throat (not one you have when you have a full on cold!) and runny nose which is still dry. Again, not like you would when you have a typical cold.

Did some google search (as you do in TWW!) and a few people did experience this!

Has anyone experienced sore throat/runny nose before getting a BFP?

Jamct23 Wed 17-Apr-19 20:18:54

I got my BFP last Friday 🥰 And from around 5 DPO I had sore throat blocked nose generally felt like I had a head cold! Good luck x

ChikiTIKI Wed 17-Apr-19 22:58:03

hmm yeah i think it can happen. with my first pregnancy, every single morning from about a week before my BFP until after my baby was born, i would wake up in the morning with a blocked nose and when i blew my nose there would always be blood. i think its to do with hormones, making the blood vessels in your nose swell up so your nose feels blocked. or something like that.

ive had a sore throat and blocked nose for a few days... i am on CD 22. maybe it will be a bfp for me this month. hope it is for you!! xxx

mila1988 Thu 18-Apr-19 09:35:54

@Jamct23 awww congrats!!! thats amazing! can i ask if you had other symptoms as well as this?

@ChikiTIKI Yep! sounds the same, its not a proper cold you'd get in winter but nose feels blocked but dry blocked and throat is sore and centre of head just aches! Aww hope we both get a BFP this month! I'm CD20 when is your AF due?

Jamct23 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:39:02

I had cramping from day before AF was due thought I was out but nothing, bad back ache and sore boobs! Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼 Xx

starflake Fri 19-Apr-19 09:15:17

I've been getting bfp since Sunday, due AF today & woke up with this. Sore throat and dry nose! No cold or flu, I remember this from previous pregnancies

mila1988 Fri 19-Apr-19 09:37:00

I felt dizzy a few times in the past few days and same time I had this weird dry head cold. No other symptoms at all which makes me thinks AF is coming. But its weird I usually have very sore boobs and cramps before AF arrives but this time nothing. I still have 5 days until Af come so it's a waiting game sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »