Talk

Advanced search

How many cycles did it take you to conceive after MC?

(55 Posts)
queenqueenqueen Sat 23-Mar-19 09:38:03

Hi, just looking for some other people's experiences because I'm starting to feel really down in the dumps.

It is my 7th cycle since my miscarriage and still nothing ☹️

Came off nexplanon implant in may 2018, pregnant August, miscarried September.

Weirdly I've had blood (only a small, pink amount) during 2 cycles around the time ovulation should have occurred and again this cycle. Have sought GP advice and they reassured me that everything I'm going through is "normal" yet it doesn't feel like it to me 😥

Any words of encouragement very welcome, really feel like shit 😔

Michellebops Sat 23-Mar-19 20:21:29

@queenqueenqueen I'm the same. My due date was Easter Sunday xxx

queenqueenqueen Sat 23-Mar-19 20:23:17

Mine was beginning of May, how many weeks were you when you MCed? I know it sounds silly but I feel like I'm getting really upset at the highly likely possibility I won't be pregnant by that date 😔 xx

sparkling123 Sat 23-Mar-19 20:57:18

How often are you having sex? Your cycle could be messed up still? I got pregnant 5 cycles after miscarriage at 8 weeks. But according to dating scans I conceived way off when I thought I had (over a week and half off what I thought). Just a thought if you're tracking your cycle. My only advice would be to give yourself a break from ttc for a month, focus on you, get yourself into a good place mentally and have fun trying. You have plenty of time, Good luck!

queenqueenqueen Sat 23-Mar-19 21:05:26

Thanks @sparkling123! Believe it or not, that's what we did this month 🤷🏻‍♀🤦🏻‍♀🤷🏻‍♀ but this stupid bleeding has happened again and now I've gone all obsessive and upset 🙁
Feeling so annoyed at my stupid, failing body

Dramaqueen14 Sat 23-Mar-19 21:16:41

It really helps to know that you aren’t alone in your feelings queen. That’s what is getting me through. I’ve also got to the point where I can’t look at pregnant ladies and newborns. I was like that straight after the mc but got better. Now I’m back to that horrible jealous feelings. I hate that I’m like that.

Ladies, I think if you want to see your GP you should make an appointment. It is your right, and you’ve all been through so much and if you have questions you should make an appointment. Xx

SoozC Sat 23-Mar-19 21:19:10

I'm sorry for your loss, OP, and everyone.

It was on the fifth cycle after my mc, at 7 weeks, that I got pregnant again. It took us 20 cycles to get the first pregnancy.

I know everyone is different but I had acupuncture after my mc and I firmly believe it helped me conceive, just 9 weeks after my first session. It's great talk therapy too as my acupuncturist lets me moan to her! It could be worth a try (even if it's just a placebo effect).

I wish you lots of good luck.

lulabaloo Sat 23-Mar-19 21:22:00

I had a missed miscarriage in november. Should have been 12 weeks and going for my 1st scan but started bleeding the day before and found out it had stopped growing at 7 weeks, was devastated. Took us till May to get pregnant again. Good luck xx

queenqueenqueen Sat 23-Mar-19 21:24:14

Oh god I'm exactly the same. My closest friend and an old school friend are both due in next couple of months and my first feeling is jealousy not happiness how bad it that? 😥

Have you seen a GP dramaqueen? I don't know what they'd honestly do? I've seen 2 Drs and 2Nurses now ( 2 were V soon after MC when I was having pain and was worried and trying to find answers) and genuinely all 4 have a said the same thing - it's normal and totally to be expected after what my body has been through in short space of time (implant removal + conception + miscarriage) last time I saw someone was December, maybe worth going back again????

Dramaqueen14 Sat 23-Mar-19 21:50:39

I was at the gp last week. Note because my mental health has taken a knock from the mc and ttc. I had convinced myself i would be pregnant again by due date and I’m not and it’s juts tipped me over. Gp said that they wouldn’t offer me any tests at this point. I don’t think they seem to concerned as the way they see it if you can get pregnant that’s good. So hard though. I’m going to try reflexology in the next couple of weeks x

Michellebops Sat 23-Mar-19 22:19:09

@queenqueenqueen I was 12+ weeks

Found out no heartbeat at my scan

sparkling123 Sun 24-Mar-19 07:27:58

Aw no @queenqueenqueen it is so hard. If you didn't have bleeding at ovulation before then maybe your body is still getting back to normal. It is really frustrating, like pp said, what you're feeling is completely normal.
The only thing I did to stay sane was throw myself into exercising, and definitely did the 2 week wait / 2 week piss up, kept me sane and kept me seeing the positives, I would go out and have a good night out to take my mind of things and saw it as my reward for trying that month. It's hard, I have everything crossed for you.

queenqueenqueen Sun 24-Mar-19 10:12:48

Ahh thanks for your kind replies everyone 🙂 I've decided I'm going to make another appointment at the GPs, even if just to put my mind at rest. I really do have a feeling that something just isn't right, still bleeding/spotting today, its now day 3

The best of it is the baby we lost was an 'accident' ... But it's funny how losing something can make you realise how important it was to you 😔

I'll update you all xx

queenqueenqueen Sun 24-Mar-19 10:13:59

@dramaqueen14 ahh I'm so sorry for what you are going through 😥 I'm going to make an appointment at the GP s tomorrow as I do have a feeling that something just isn't right, I'll let you know if I hear anything back from them xx

Ells0204 Sun 24-Mar-19 11:36:25

I’ve just got a BFP this morning after a YEAR of trying since my last MC. Had actually convinced myself it might not ever happen. I’m nowhere near out of the woods but will take each day as it comes! X

queenqueenqueen Sun 24-Mar-19 13:37:59

@Ells204 congratulations you must be over the moon. Did you see your GP much during the year you were TTC?

queenqueenqueen Mon 25-Mar-19 12:52:03

Got an appt booked for Wednesday so will update you then x

queenqueenqueen Tue 26-Mar-19 19:53:08

Feeling so nervous about my Drs appointment and have talked myself into the fact that I have got cervical cancer or diabetes ☹️ bloody Dr. Google

Michellebops Tue 26-Mar-19 20:08:05

Aww good luck for tomorrow.
Hope your gp is as sympathetic as mine was last week.

Going for full bloods on Friday as cd21 and referred for pelvic ultrasound xx

queenqueenqueen Tue 26-Mar-19 20:12:51

@michellebops ahh hope so too, did they give any indication over what the problem could be? Xx

pinkgloves Wed 27-Mar-19 00:20:06

I never did. Four years later and giving up now.

Michellebops Wed 27-Mar-19 06:34:54

I had an ovarian cyst last year and they want to rule that out.

Plus check bloods for thyroid, and progesterone to make sure I am actually ovulating.

Biggest difference for me might be I'm almost 42z

queenqueenqueen Wed 27-Mar-19 18:41:04

Dr thinks it could be linked to ovulation or a hormone issue (??) but I am going for an ultrasound to rule anything else out x

Michellebops Wed 27-Mar-19 21:08:45

@queenqueenqueen definitely best to get checked out

Confused38 Thu 28-Mar-19 12:45:05

Hi everyone,
I’m hoping no one minds me joining this thread. I am currently having a MC. I am 38 with no children or previous pregnancies and we started trying end of December and I found out I was pregnant 4th Feb..... so all quite quick. Started with what I was told was implantation bleeding which was still going after 12 days so Monday gone we had a scan and showed only 6 weeks ( I thought is should have been 11 weeks from my LMP) so they don’t know whether my dates are out which I think would be out by too much or whether my dates are correct but it stopped at 6 weeks. I have another scan Monday but last night started with fresh blood and clots and tummy pains. I’m pretty sure this is how a MC and we have both mentally processed it as this. We will be keen to try again in 8-12 weeks.
I thought this thread was really helpful and will probably find myself back here in a few weeks. But I’m finding all the messages helpful and insightful.
Sorry for everyone who has gone through this and I hope you end up with healthy pregnancies in the future.

queenqueenqueen Thu 28-Mar-19 12:53:12

Ahh so sorry for you @confused38 , having a MC is awful ☹️ going through all the bleeding and pain and upset bad enough but the wondering why it happened is what I have found really hard. It's been 7 cycles for me and still nothing ☹️ starting to think there is something wrong with me, hopefully you conceive again quickly and it will stick 🌈xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »