Talk

Advanced search

Can you get pregnant with the Copper Coil?

(10 Posts)
AlwaysAlice94 Wed 20-Mar-19 17:21:36

Hi!

I have had the copper coil for about 3 years now, no problems or anything.
But I've got this awful feeling that I might be pregnant! has anyone ever been pregnant by using the Copper Coil before?
I've heard it's possible but never known of any cases.

olderthanyouthink Wed 20-Mar-19 17:23:36

Possible and I've definitely seen people on here say they have but then this place is somewhat self selecting

Take a test ASAP because ectopic pregnancy is a real risk with a coil

Mammaaofxx Wed 20-Mar-19 17:24:43

Hi yes currently 4 months pregnant on copper coil x

CountessVonBoobs Wed 20-Mar-19 17:25:26

It's possible but extremely unlikely. The coil is very reliable. Because of this, if you do get pregnant there is a real chance of it being ectopic.

Do a test but the odds are strongly in favour of you not being/its just being a randomly late or missed period. (Are you even late on your period?)

Cookingwithgasnow Wed 20-Mar-19 17:25:55

It’s very unlikely.

I have a copper coil and researched this a lot when I first got it. Was very paranoid but was assured it’s rare.

What makes you worried?

Take a test.

greenlynx Wed 20-Mar-19 17:26:29

Yes, it’s possible.

AlwaysAlice94 Wed 20-Mar-19 17:37:07

what makes me think that I am pregnant is that we had sex during my ovulation days, which I completely forgot. Additonally I experienced some light pink spotting a few days after around the sort of time for implantation bleeding, or was it just ovulation bleeding?

My period is due in a few days but I've not really had any signs that it's coming- been dry as a bone down there!

Michellebops Wed 20-Mar-19 17:57:45

The only way to know for sure is to take a test.

I've never had a coil so my next comments might sound ignorant but I didn't think you need to take extra precautions during ovulation week, tbh I didn't think you ovulated if on long term contraception.

Fingers crossed for the result you want it to be 🤞

Cookingwithgasnow Wed 20-Mar-19 18:30:35

I always have sex on ovulation days. And I spot quite often. I’m sure you’re okay.

WistfulBarnacles Wed 20-Mar-19 18:45:12

I got pregnant with a copper coil and DC is sitting next to me now so it is possible!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »