Talk

Advanced search

Should I waste a test

(7 Posts)
pinkoi Tue 05-Mar-19 18:08:32

So normal cycle is 28/29days.
Did the deed 2 days before and on my fertile day.

Then what I think was AF arrived early on CD 26. It was pretty light, I use a moon cup which makes amounts obvious. It went bright red with bits in so I thought all bets were off. Usually it tails off over 5 or 6 days or so but I went to empty my cup this morning and it was totally empty. It's like my period just stopped dead. Never happened before.

I have tingly boobs and I heavy feeling down low.

I'm wondering if it's worth doing a test just in case. I'm a bit mean so the thought of weeing on £5 for no reason is troubling smile
Or I might just be mad and clinging onto hope. I'm pretty emotional at the mo.
Has anybody had this sort of thing and then got a BFP?

crazychemist Tue 05-Mar-19 18:23:54

Could have been implantation bleeding. You might as well POAS, otherwise if that was a period you’ll be waiting a whole month without knowing. Put yourself out of your misery!

crazychemist Tue 05-Mar-19 18:24:12

P.s. you can get them in Asda for about £3.

cargghhh Tue 05-Mar-19 18:25:49

Agreed, I would much rather know if it was just a period. However - it can take a few days for your HCG to rise enough to become positive on a test if it was implantation so give it a few days before testing. Good luck!!

pinkoi Tue 05-Mar-19 20:19:02

Thanks all.

If it was implantation then and I was still in the previous cycle today would be day 30 af due 1 or 2 days ago.

I have the tests but perhaps I'll wait a day or two so that I'm sure that it would pick up a positive. I have the frer tests so it should work.

Part of me doesn't want to give in to my imagination 😊

pinkoi Wed 06-Mar-19 09:28:12

Also, rereading my original I failed to mention that although my usual period is 5 or 6 days and tails off, this one stopped dead after 3 while I was still getting the. Red blood...

Hence being a bit confused.

Hope no one is reading and eating their breakfast. blush

crazychemist Wed 06-Mar-19 18:37:37

Don’t worry @pinkoi, nobody is on the conception thread if they can’t handle this kind of talk grin
Fingers crossed for you, let us know when you get a result.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »