Talk

Advanced search

When to test

(5 Posts)
West2401 Fri 01-Mar-19 21:01:13

Hi,

I'm a bit confused as to when to take a pregnancy test (sounds stupid I know)

I came off the pill in August, but didn't have a period until January. We have been ttc but had no luck with me having no cycle.

Finally had a period 24th Jan but I have no clue what my cycle is! I did use a cb ovulation test, got 12 days of high before getting my peak 8 days ago. I have had cramp and aching boobs as well as nausea but don't know if that's me coming on or if it's all in my head.

I don't know when I'm classed as late since I don't really know my cycle and if I'm going on dpo do I do it from when I started my 'high' fertility or 'peak'? I'm so confused! confused xxx

Michellebops Fri 01-Mar-19 21:18:14

Reading through the posts a lot of people symptom spot and start testing from 8dpo.
Last month myself included.

However in probably 99% of cases it's just too early and setting yourself up for a disappointment. I was convinced last month and must have done 6 tests.

I got pregnant last August and had a bfp after 10 days but sadly miscarried.

If you can hold off another few days I would and if the line is there then it will get stronger.

Michellebops Fri 01-Mar-19 21:19:17

Sorry didn't really answer your question, I count it from day of peak as ov day

West2401 Sat 02-Mar-19 09:26:17

Thanks @Michellebops - it's just all so confusing not having any kind of cycle to go by! I'll try to hold off until next weekend smile I'm pretty sure it'll be a bfn anyway, bloody messed up hormones!

Michellebops Sat 02-Mar-19 09:57:08

I know what you mean. Good luck to you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »